ShareThis

Quilt Samples

 Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I am very excited because I found the most "perfect fabric" in the entire world to make some quilt samples to show my future customers.  My sister in law is "photographing" these quilt samples for me so I can forward pictures on to Lena, who is going to give my blog a much needed "face lift".  I am trying to get my blog to better represent me plus I want my facebook page, my etsy store, and my blog to all be matchy matchy.  I can't help it.  Is anyone else have a case of the matchy matchy syndrome?  I blame my mother.  Anyway, since my computer talents only take me so far and I really don't have the time or the energy to want to learn this new task (I would much rather spend it quilting!), I decided to hire it out to a talented designer such as Lena.   I am very excited to see what she comes back with, but I will hopefully be rolling that out to all of you by the end of November.

Now back to the "perfect fabric".  My favorite colors in the whole wide world are red, white, and black.  I have loved these colors for years.  I wanted to do my bedroom when I was in high school with these colors, but my mom wouldn't let me.  She doesn't believe in black furniture.  Good thing I am the "boss" in the house now!  Well when I was searching the internet for inspiration for my blog face lift, I found fabric by Sweetwater called "Mama said Sew".  Talk about perfection.  This fabric screams me!  I love how you can find so much inspiration from fabric.  The fabric also has a more modern flare with some cute "sewing phrases" printed on them, which I thought was really cute!  So I purchased two jelly rolls from the Fat Quarter Shop, which you can purchase here.  Isn't it so pretty!


I decided to make some extra large placemats to show off a couple of my quilting designs.  I haven't actually had the time to quilt them up just yet, but will do that this coming Friday.  But for now, here is a sample of the placemats unquilted.

I made them the same because I wanted to show customers how different something can look with different quilting designs on them.  I can't wait to show you the finished project next week.  Until then thanks so much for stopping by.

Linking up to WIP Wednesday link party hosted by Lee at Freshly Pieced.


Melissa

2 comments:

Lisa November 6, 2012 at 9:31 PM  

I am soooo matchy matchy and I blame my mother too! I totally get it. I agree on the Mama Said Sew fabric - it is just gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing your finishes!

Marjorie's Busy Corner November 7, 2012 at 2:36 PM  

Oh I know what you mean....I am old school; and finding it difficult not to match everything in my quilts. I do love the colors in you placemat.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP