ShareThis

Baby Doll Quilt Finish

 Sunday, December 16, 2012

I am very happy to say that I was able to finish this over the weekend well before my Wednesday deadline.  It feels so good to check another item off of my list!  I must say that this pattern was very easy to do and did go very quickly.  You can find it as a free tutorial on Vanessa's website here.  Here is the finished quilt top before quilting...


I decided to quilt some basic wavy lines on it.  




I must say that I am really happy with how it turned out.  The fabric is Vintage Modern by Camille Roskelley.  The top thread is Superior So Fine Thread #50 in color 451.  The bottom thread is The Bottom Line by Superior Threads in color 621.  I just love using this thread once I figured out I just needed to use a 16 gauge needle.  I was using 18 and it just shredded the stuff.  Anyways, here is the finished product.  I hope the little girl loves it just as much as I enjoyed making it!


Linking up with Plum and June.  

Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

Kerstin December 17, 2012 at 5:19 AM  

It's nice to cross stuff off the list, no? Nice finish, it will make a great present.

Martha December 17, 2012 at 9:39 AM  

Great finish. I love the colors and the quilting. So happy and cheerful.

Anonymous,  December 17, 2012 at 4:25 PM  

So cute! I made a couple doll quilts last week - such a dream to quilt!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP