ShareThis

Baby Doll Quilt

 Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Today the company that I work for decided to host an Angel Tree.  An Angel tree carries a bunch of tags that has names of different kids with their ages and what they want for Christmas on them.  All of these children have a parent who can't be with them this year because they are in jail.  It was actually sad to see so many kids on this tree.  My heart just broke looking at it.  The child I selected was a little girl who is 1 and she wants a doll for Christmas.  Totally up my alley since I have two little girls myself.  Sometime this upcoming weekend, Melia and I will shop for the doll portion of the gift.  I like to take her with me so she learns that not every kid is as fortunate as she is.  The other portion of the gift, will be a little doll quilt to go with the doll.  I used a free tutorial by Lella Boutique.  You can find the pattern here.  It was a very nice and simple pattern to use because it is actually made for a doll, which means you don't have to do a lot of thinking on re-sizing a pattern.  I am hoping it goes rather quickly because I have to turn in my Angel Tree gift on December 19th.  I used a mini charm pack that I had of Vintage Modern by Camille Roskelley.  It is an absolutely adorable fabric collection for a little girl.  I hope the girl really loves it just as much as I am enjoying make it.


Linking up to WIP Wednesday link party hosted by Lee at Freshly Pieced.


Happy Quilting!



5 comments:

Trails of Grace December 12, 2012 at 6:16 AM  

Thanks for visiting my blog. What a sweet little dolly quilt, I am sure the little girl getting this will just love it. I popped over to the link you included and isn't that just precious of the little girl pushing the stroller with her dolly and quilt! Merry Christmas!

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting December 12, 2012 at 6:34 AM  

what a pretty little doll quilt...just perfect.
I love those new little mini squares!! I haven't made anything with them yet..but love looking at them!! LOL This is certainly a good project to try them out!

Diane December 12, 2012 at 7:09 AM  

Cute little quilt! Love the color combo.

Heidi Staples December 12, 2012 at 8:01 AM  

Melissa, this little quilt will be darling. I agree -- it's such a perfect fabric collection for this project. How wonderful that you get to participate in the Angel Tree ministry!

MarneyMay December 15, 2012 at 2:01 PM  

Melissa what a wonderful little quilt, I am sure the little girl will love it.

Cheers Pauline

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP