ShareThis

2013 - A Lovely Year of Finishes - January Goal - Teal and Purple Hourglass Quilt

 Saturday, January 5, 2013

I have a real problem of starting a bunch of projects with great intentions in mind but never finishing them.  I know that I am not the only one with this problem, but sometimes it really helps when other people hold you accountable.  Shanna from Fiber of All Sorts and Melissa from Sew Bitter Sweet Designs are hosting a group called "2013 - A Lovely Year of Finishes".  I just had to join.  It will be so exciting for me to accomplish something each month especially when working almost full time and raising two little ones.

So for my January goal, I want to finish working on this purple and teal hourglass quilt that I started last year.  I am making it for a family friend who is having a baby in February 2013, so finishing it in January would definitely be ideal.  I am using a free tutorial from Cluck Cluck Sew, which you can find here.  It is her Pink Hourglass Quilt, which I think is absolutely adorable.  The new mom has chosen to use the Brooklyn nursery bedding by the Pottery Barn, so I will be making my Pink Hourglass Quilt by Cluck Cluck Sew in teals, purples, and white.  Here are the 8 different blocks that I will be using throughout the quilt.


Here is my finished stack of 63 blocks, which are ready to sew into a quilt top.  I better get moving.  Unfortunately, they do not sew themselves together.  


Linking up to 2013 - A Lovely Year of Finishes hosted by Fiber of All Sorts.
Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Anonymous,  January 7, 2013 at 7:53 PM  

I like your color choices and look forward to seeing that finish.

Linda January 8, 2013 at 7:37 PM  

I love to start projects and not finish!! Yikes! Mostly because of time constraints. I will be excited to follow your progress. FYI, blog looks awesome!

Abby January 10, 2013 at 1:47 PM  

Isn't this a fun idea! Hopefully it will help us all get some quilts done! Good luck with your January project.

Abby January 10, 2013 at 1:47 PM  

Isn't this a fun idea! Hopefully it will help us all get some quilts done! Good luck with your January project.

Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts January 11, 2013 at 4:37 PM  

What a lovely project to pick! I have some hourglass blocks hanging around too. . . that will be another month.

Thanks for linking up and can't wait to see how it looks finished :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP