ShareThis

Master Bedroom Quilt

 Sunday, March 24, 2013

A couple of weeks ago, I stumbled upon this quilt along that occurred in 2012 that I completely missed.


I wished that I would have found this last year, but to my defense I didn't even start blogging until May of last year, so I already would have been behind.  

Anyways since I have started blogging, I have tried A LOT of new things and half square triangles is one of the "new things" that I have tried.  I had spent a long time and I do mean a LONG time terrified of triangles.  Until one day I bit the bullet and just gave them a try.  Well needless to say, it turns out that half square triangle blocks are now my "favorite" block to make.  Go figure right?  I wish getting over "every fear" was that easy!   Well this quilt is a sampler of 12 different blocks using the half square triangle block construction.  Jenni, from the blog "In Color Order", created the tutorial for this block a month.  You can find a picture of the quilt and the tutorial for it here.  

I have decided that over the next several months, I am going to make my husband and I this quilt for our master bedroom.  Pretty much all of my quilts have been gifts, so I haven't kept any for myself.  Our master bedroom has been in need of a very serious re-do.  Do all of your husbands have a crazy 5 year painting rule?  My husband will only allow us to paint a room once every 5 years.  Seriously!  Talking about cramping my decorating style!  Needless to say, he will be very happy to know that he doesn't even have to paint for this master bedroom redo because I actually found a fabric pallet that has the exact green color that I painted the walls.  Talk about win win!  The fabric pallet I chose was Vintage Modern by Bonnie and Camille.  


You can purchase fat quarter bundles of it here at the Fat Quarter Shop.  They are one of my favorite online fabric stores.  They don't have a lot of yardage left of this collection because they used it in their most recent block of the month program, but they still do have some.  I am pretty excited though because it also has red in it, which is my favorite color, and will bring some other colors to our bedroom to brighten it up because it is a "little" room.  And I do mean a little room!  I also think it will look great against my black furniture.  Here is my very first block, the January block.  


Isn't it just perfect!  I think I will try and find a "gray" comforter that matches to go under it and just put this quilt as more of a "throw" at the end of the bed, so if anyone has any good ideas of where I can get one, please let me know.  Something I can wash though because we do sleep with a little dog as well, which is why we won't be sleeping with the quilt directly!  

Linking up to "Let's Get Aquainted Link Up" linky party hosted by Plum and June and Simply Miss Luella.



Happy Quilting!

12 comments:

StasaLynn March 24, 2013 at 6:27 PM  

Cannot wait to see your quilt when it is finished..... I am already totally in love with the design and the fabric choices!

Beautiful

Erin Quinn March 24, 2013 at 8:42 PM  

Your fabric choice is lovely. And nice way to spruce a room! Think how many knicknacks you can buy to match that new colour scheme!
E xx

Heidi Staples March 24, 2013 at 9:31 PM  

So lovely, Melissa! I love anything by Bonnie & Camille!

Angela Bullard March 25, 2013 at 6:04 AM  

I started quilting/blogging in October of last year and totally missed this one too, but it's on my to do list for later this year. Can't wait to see how it turns out since I'll be following through GFC and Bloglovin.

Karen March 25, 2013 at 6:26 AM  

Hi, i came over from the link up, my hubby has a crazy 10 year no decorating policy! We've been here 11 years and haven't decorated since we moved in but he's finally coming round to the idea! I just finished my sampler quilt and I included a couple of blocks from this QAL, the tutorials are really great and the blocks turned out great. Good luck with your quilt, I love your chosen fabrics. I'm lying in bed with my poorly son at the moment, the dog is on my feet - i really should finish my bed quilt!!! :o)

Teresa Silva March 25, 2013 at 9:48 AM  

This is going to be gorgeous. Can't wait to see you finish it.

maria March 25, 2013 at 10:35 AM  

Hi from "Lets get aquainted".
Those fabrics are beautiful. I'm sure they will look lovely in your quilt.

Anonymous,  March 25, 2013 at 4:24 PM  

That is a very cute start!!!

Deborah March 25, 2013 at 4:57 PM  

This will be a fabulous quilt! I love red and Bonnie and Camille!

Renee March 25, 2013 at 6:56 PM  

What a great idea! I need to make us a new (larger) bed quilt. Love the colors you chose.

Lisa March 25, 2013 at 11:07 PM  

Your block is lovely! The colour palette you have chosen (vintage modern) is one of my faves, it's going to look wonderful with your black furniture.

Beth March 26, 2013 at 5:01 PM  

That is going to be beautiful!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP