ShareThis

Work in Process - Pocket Pillows

 Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Have you ever had a project that literally everything and I mean everything has gone wrong with it?  Well it appears as though I am working on that type of project.  My March goal is to complete two Berenstain Bears Pocket Pillows for my daughter's school auction.  So far I have changed how I am doing the girl pillow twice.  I was following this tutorial that you can find here by the Quilted Fish, but it was just wayyyy to big!  I didn't want it that big, so then I literally had to take it apart the whole thing.  I also wasn't liking how the hourglass blocks were looking with the Berenstain Bears fabric.  Heads and body parts were being chopped off left and right.  I didn't think it was appropriate for little children to have a headless Berenstain Bear, so I had to re-think my pillow construction.  These are the blocks that I decided to go with for the girl pillow:


Here are the ones for the boy pillow:


Here is the final pillow top for the girl pillow and the pocket:



Here is the final pillow top for the boy pillow and the pocket:



The next step is the quilting.  I am going to quilt this with a free motion swirl that you can find in Natalia's book, which can be purchased here.  I just love her book.  I know that I have said that before, but her directions are very thorough, which is why her book is one of my favorites and I highly recommend it.  I will have "final pillow pictures" for you by the end of the week because the auction is on March 16th.  Crunch time.   

Linking up to WIP Wednesday link party hosted by Lee at Freshly Pieced.


Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

Lisa March 12, 2013 at 10:10 PM  

You have been busy!!! I love your final blocks, sometimes it is so frustrating when something doesn't come together at first and then so satisfying when it finally does! These pillow cases are going to be so cute and very much loved.

Beth March 13, 2013 at 11:08 AM  

Those adorable! Good call with preventing any bears without limbs!

Tammy March 14, 2013 at 4:28 AM  

They look awesome. They will be absolutely adorable when finished.

Anonymous,  March 14, 2013 at 8:00 AM  

Can't wait to see them finished!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP