ShareThis

Auebre's Pocket Pillow

 Monday, April 15, 2013

One of my niece's birthday is coming up at the end of the month and she loves to read.  I used to also love to read when I was a little girl.  My mom couldn't buy books fast enough!  Since I have wanted to make another pocket pillow to tweak my pattern a bit, I decided this would be the perfect gift for her.

My sister bought her "new bedding" over Christmas that was white with all different colors of bright polka dots.  I decided to use the Ombre Dots collection by Riley Blake, which can be purchased here.


As you can see it is a really pretty collection!  I am hoping that it will be close enough to my niece's new bedding that it will be a nice compliment.  

I decided that I was going to make the pillow smaller because the pillows I made before were 18 inches and they just seemed really large and bulky.  I have decided that I am going to try this one at 14 inches square.  Another change is going to come from the piece behind the pocket.  I have decided to make that all one piece instead of piecing it together, so the only piecing will be the pocket.  Of course the pocket will be made out of hour glass blocks (my favorite), which are shown below.  


The pocket will consist of 2 rows of 4 blocks, which are 4 inches unfinished.  I have one row completely sewn together and need to finish the second row, and then I will sew these two rows together.  

Now this is where you come in, I need to pick one of the fat quarters below to be the piece behind the pocket, and then another one to be the "binding" of the pillow.


This will be my first time using binding on a pillow, so hopefully it turns out as well as some of the other ones that I have seen out in blogland.  Well leave me some comments and let me know what colors you think.


Linking up to WIP Wednesday link party hosted by Lee at Freshly Pieced.


Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

knottygnome April 17, 2013 at 5:57 AM  

very pretty hourglass blocks! the dots will look great as a pillow.

Aunt Marti April 17, 2013 at 4:48 PM  

Can't wait to see the finished project! I think she will love it!

trish April 18, 2013 at 5:41 PM  

Your little blocks are adorable.

Renee April 19, 2013 at 3:40 PM  

Those polka dots are so cute! It is going to be such a great quilt.

Unknown May 2, 2013 at 8:48 PM  

love love love those polka dots!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP