ShareThis

Star Surround Quilt Along - Cutting

 Thursday, August 15, 2013

Melissa from Happy Quilting is hosting a Quilt Along called the Star Surround Quilt Along.  I usually don't join these types of things because they are usually too much work for me to keep up with on my busy schedule of almost working full time, taking care of two little girls and a husband, a home, etc etc.  Okay, sorry if that sounds like whining, I only meant it a little because I love my life just wish I could create more "time".  Anyways, Melissa did an excellent job making sure that EVERYONE can participate.  She set it up so you can really do whatever size project you want based on the pattern.  You can make a one block pillow all the way up to a queen size quilt.  This was definitely a lot more work on her part to set up, but I let her know that it was greatly appreciated!  You can find the information for her Quilt Along here.  She is also keeping the linky's open each week until the very end of the Quilt Along as well, so you can join in at any time.

Since I am late joining in because it started July 15th and I don't have a lot of time already due to my sister's wedding this weekend, I am just going to do the one block pillow.  Since I am on a mission to decorate my house for Fall I am going to use some of my Boo Crew collection by Sweetwater for this project as well.

Our first assignment was to cut the fabric up for the project.  So here it is.  All cut and ready to move to assignment #2.  Aren't the spiders and monsters so cute!


Linking up to The Star Surround Quilt Along hosted by Melissa at Happy Quilting.


Happy Quilting!

1 comments:

Melissa Corry August 16, 2013 at 4:58 AM  

Oh, I love the boo crew, such a great idea to do this for a halloween decor. I can't wait to see it come together. So glad you are quilting along with us :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP