ShareThis

A Girly Tooth Fairy Pillow

 Tuesday, September 24, 2013


A really good friend of mine sent me a facebook message asking for help for a "predicament" that she was in.  Her youngest daughter had a tooth hanging by a thread and needed a tooth fairy pillow stat!  So of course this afternoon / evening after I got out of work and picked up my daughter from school, I went home and made this cute little pillow.

I didn't use a pattern.  I just made the pocket similar to how the pockets need to be made for the Advent Calendar I am doing, which you can find the details for that Quilt Along here.


The embroidery design is from Bunnycup Embroidery, which can be purchased here.  They are one of my favorite embroidery websites to purchase from.  Their patterns always embroider up nicely.


I just wanted to show that the pillow has a pocket for the child to put her "lost tooth" in and for the tooth fairy to delivery the money!  The fabric I used was a couple of fat quarters by Riley Blake's Sweetcakes Collection.  I just added 2 1/2 inch strips around the pocket to make it square, so the back piece is 8 1/2 inches.  The mom wanted ribbon attached, so her daughter could hang it from the door.  I would say my impromptu project turned out to be a success!  And I hear that it was just in time because the little girl lost her first tooth approximately 2 hours ago!

Linking up to Sew Cute Tuesday hosted by Janice at Better Off Thread.


Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

Teresa Silva September 25, 2013 at 8:27 AM  

Wow...this turned out adorable. Love the embroidery you did on the pocket.

Unknown September 25, 2013 at 9:40 PM  

Really great pillow. I can't wait to make a tooth fairy pillow for my kiddo.

Jenny September 26, 2013 at 6:07 AM  

What a super cute little pillow! And how sweet of you to whip it up so quickly for a friend!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP