ShareThis

Teacher Appreciation Week & Other Stuff

 Thursday, May 8, 2014

Well many of you know that this week is "Teacher Appreciation Week".  I am one of the room parents for my daughter's first grade class.  The room parents, my friend Becky and I, wanted to give her teacher something that could "brighten" up her classroom but still be useful.  She has a sink in her classroom, and we thought that she could use some fun new dish towels and cute antibacterial hand soaps to go with them.


I took my daughter, Melia, shopping with me and she picked out the soaps and the cute soap holder from Bath and Body Works.  I love that place.  I had a coupon and I needed more hand soap for our house, so that was a win win for us.  Next, we went to Bed Bath and Beyond and picked up a package of Microfiber dish towels.  Finally, our last stop was Joann's where she got to pick out some fun "teacher" fabric.  I think she made the "perfect" fabric choice.  Like mother like daughter right.  I sure am hoping!


To make the towels, I used the tutorial from Natalia Bonner from Piece N Quilt, which you can find here.  I love this tutorial.  She is so thorough and I think the project went together perfectly.  I had my friend Becky come over and help me.  She just bought an embroidery machine and is learning how to use it and I thought it would be a fun project to do together!  I must say it was!  I bought the embroidery patterns from Bunnycup Embroidery.  It is the School Sentiments collection.  Their embroidery designs always and I do mean always embroider up so nicely for me!  Didn't they turn out cute!  I think I need to make some for myself now!


I also have been doing some long arm quilting and will share more on that very soon!  It is my very first customer quilt!


I also wanted to let everyone know about "The 2014 New Quilt Blogger Blog Hop", hosted by Beth over at Plum and June.  You can find out more about the blog hop here.  I was a part of this blog hop last year and really enjoyed myself.  You meet a lot of great quilters and you can learn a lot as well, so I highly recommend you check it out!

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts.

Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

Caroline May 8, 2014 at 9:46 PM  

Cute idea, love the towels:)

Lisa May 10, 2014 at 12:40 AM  

What a lovely and useful gift for your daughter's teacher, I am sure (being a teacher myself) that she loved it!!! And yaaaay for you first customer's quilt - so excited for your business to take off!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP